Comprehensive security features
To protect your funds, and your peace of mind
- We use cold storage to protect our users’ assets and safeguard them from criminals.
- Over 95% of the currency in our system is stored on special hardware that is not connected to the internet.
- Less than 5% of the total assets within our system are stored in hot wallets which connect to the P2P network through a node. This ensures that we have enough liquidity for day-to-day transactions.
- The coin surplus is automatically transferred to multisignature wallets. To approve transactions from these wallets, administrators have use private keys which are kept encrypted on offline computers, protected by passwords stored in paper wallets.
- Although we employ a number of people to work on the platform, we protect our system from internal tampering. The vast majority of our developers do not have access the the credentials to influence the internal network processes. Any alterations to sensitive areas of the code have to be verified by a designated security officer.
- Developers and system administrators use SSH only (with properly stored private keys) for logging in to the remote servers.
- All our employees undergo a criminal background check and we thoroughly verify their previous work experience.
Reliable user log in
- Simple usernames and passwords do not offer the necessary level of protection anymore, so we’ve implemented a number of features to make access safer.
- We require two-step verification for all accounts, which means that users are required to enter a code sent to their mobile device in addition to their username and password. We plan to implement a third step for users who have deposits over a certain amount.
- We minimize the risk of reusing weak passwords from other websites by offering pre-generated, high-entropy passwords upon registration.
- All passwords are stored only in hash format and we block multiple incorrect login attempts.
We regularly back up all our databases to prevent significant data loss in the unlikely event of hardware failure or of an attack. The private keys to hot cryptocurrency wallets are backed up in secure vaults in the form of paper wallets.
All outside traffic to our platform is encrypted, which means that we only allow HTTPS connections and use the latest version of TLS. All our databases, all connections to them and the vast majority of our internal network traffic is encrypted as well.
Denial of service
Since cryptocurrency platforms have often become the targets for DDoS attacks, we use CloudFare services to preempt them and guarantee security against even the most powerful attacks.